Worried about smoke coming out of your air fryer?
In this article, I am going to show you why smoke is coming out of your air fryer and how can you stop it. No worries.
Let’s get started:
Why is smoke coming out of my air fryer?
Left over fatty food greases is probably the main cause of smoke coming out of air fryer. They overheated and starts to burn with a bad smell. To fight this, properly clean the basket and air fryer to remove any greases of fatty food after every use.
Reasons of smoke coming out of air fryer:
Possible reasons of smoking air fryer:
- Too much oil or sauces at higher temperature splatters on the air fryer surface and set off smoke. Most of the time coking meat at higher temp sets of smoke.
- A lot of food in a small basket maybe the cause of smoke. We try hard to fit our whole meal in the air fryer. But experts recommends that you should only fill 90% of your basket and left enough room for hot air to circulate properly.
- Dirty air fryer inner elements like the pan or the basket, or the heating element can cause smoking if not properly cleaned after use. The leftover food can attached to the inner elements an at higher temperature the cause smoking and even air fryer set of alarms.
- Using oil that has low smoking point maybe the cause of smoking. Air fryers operates at 400 F temperature. Naturally, low smoking point oils will start to burn off.
How do i stop my air fryer from smoking?
To stop your air fryer from smoking and setting off smoke alarm you can use the below tips”
- While cooking a fatty food or using sauces, use a parchment paper or aluminum foil in the basket.
- Consider using a larger air fryer for cooking meet for whole family. You get a XL or XXL air fryer model from here.
- After every use, clean your air fryers basket, pan or grill properly. You can use a slice of bread at the bottom of the basket to soak up the excess oil.
- Start cooking at a lower temperature for longer period of times. Thus will lower the smoke risk if you’re at work place.
- Start using at high smoke point oil which can resist smoking at 400 F. This is one of the best remedy that try first. Here is a list of high smoking point oil that you try. (Hint: avocado oil, peanut oil, extra light olive oil, etc.)