Is it recommended to put a paper towel in an air fryer?
In this article, we are going to discuss, whether can you put a paper towel in an air fryer. If so then what is the correct way to do it?
Let’s get started:
Can You Put a Paper Towel in Air Fryer?
It isn’t recommended to put a paper towel in an air fryer. It disrupts air flow, thus unevenly cooked food will be served. However, you can use parchment paper to wrap your food while maintaining airflow.
Why paper towel isn’t recommended in an Air Fryer?
- The air fryer uses hot air to cook your food. For that reason, when foods are wrapped with a paper towel they don’t come in direct contact with the hot air, thus unevenly cooked.
- Fire hazard: Paper towels are not fireproof. This can cause a fire in your air fryer and cause serious damage to the appliance.
Can you put paper towels in the bottom of the air fryer?
No, you shouldn’t put a paper towel in the bottom of an air fryer. It’ll disrupt the airflow and can cause uneven cooking and possible fire damage to your air fryer.
Can you put a wet paper towel in the air fryer? No, you shouldn’t put a damp paper towel in an air fryer for the same reason as the dry paper towel.
What can you use in Air Fryer instead of a Paper Towel?
You can use parchment paper instead of a paper towel. These sorts of papers are minutely perforated which allows air to flow through them. Parchment papers are also known as baking sheets or baking paper. It’s safe to use parchment paper in the air fryer.
How to use parchment papers in Air Fryers?
Here’s how to use parchment paper in an air fryer:
- Put the parchment paper in the bottom of the basket in the exact size of the base. This means that the paper shouldn’t overlap the basket brims.
- Cover the bottom surface of the fryer partly so that there’s sufficient airflow.
- Preheat your frying basket and place the parchment paper.
- Do not place an empty parchment paper into the fryer as it can easily get burnt due to dryness.
- Once you’re done frying, carefully remove your food from the frying basket and pull the paper gently. This way, you’ll save yourself the hassle of cleaning.
Can you put cardboard in an air fryer?
No, you shouldn’t use cardboard in an air fryer. First, much cardboard is coated in wax or other sealants and harmful chemicals that meltdowns at high temperatures. Second, cardboard doesn’t have any holes in them for proper airflow.
Can you put wax paper in an air fryer?
No, you shouldn’t put wax paper in an air fryer. Wax paper is coated, and at a high temp. it’ll meltdown. It’ll also damage the air fryer and interrupt its airflow.
What worked for me?
I’m not a professional chef. I just love cooking and trying awesome foods. After wrapping the food in a paper towel, I just leak the towel in two side areas. So that air can flow through it.
For added safety of the paper towel, I also leak it from the top. And that’s how it works for me.
Caution: This is just my hack, I wouldn’t recommend it to someone else and if you try this, try it at your own risk. I hope that it’ll work for you too.